Recipes for the "picky" kiddos or even the plain eating adults out there like me. Most of the recipes are family recipes, very european or scandinavian, and some are from cookbooks or online that have been adapted to work for my pickyness. Some will have "Everything on it" options for those like my husband that like "everything on it".

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Grandma's Apple Crisp

This is my grandmother's recipe, still one of my favorites!

Grease an 8x8 with butter (or I like to use 1.5 qt corning wear)
1/4 c apple juice or water in pan (I prefer apple juice)

Cook down 5-7 sliced apples (slice 1/8 inch thick) in a saucepan over low heat.
Pull out apples, move to baking dish leaving juice in pan.
Thicken juice over low heat with 1 tbls cornstarch or flour then pour over apples.

Mix together:
1/2 c Brown sugar
1/4 c Sugar
2 Tbls Flour
1/2 c Oatmeal

After mixed together, pour evenly over apples to make the crisp 'crust'
1/4 c melted butter over entire top.
Bake 350 degrees for 30 mins.

No comments:

Post a Comment